- Membership shall be continuous and subscriptions paid in full to the Treasurer or other person nominated by the Executive Committee before the start of the season on April 1st at such time and place as decided by the Executive Committee. Any member wishing to resign their membership shall notify the Secretary in writing and return their membership card before the start of the new season on April 1st.
- All members when on association waters must carry their permit with them, and shall produce his/her permit when required to do so by any Bailiff, Association Official, Police Officer, land owner or any member, etc.
It is the members responsibility to ensure his/her name and Photo is in the back of the permit before going on the bank fishing,( if not you will be fined)!!( Excluding Juniors)
- No member shall lend or transfer his membership card to any other person. Any member losing his membership card shall obtain another on payment of a fee. All members shall notify the secretary of their change of address.
- Fishing will only be allowed from sunrise to sunset. The use of lamps and isotopes as an aid to fishing is forbidden.
- No member, whilst fishing shall disturb any other member by noise or movement nor shall he fish within ten yards of any member without that member’s permission.
- Fishing shall be confined to 1 rod only on all Association waters, exception to this being the Upper/Lower pounds of the Sankey canal where 2 rods are permitted. (The use of a rod and pole is not permitted at all).
No litter shall be deposited in the water or on the banks but shall be carried away for disposal. These rules will be rigourously enforced and offenders dealt with by the Executive Committee.
- Keepnets may only be used in bona fide matches and must conform to E.A. Byelaw No 20, of a minimum 2.0 metres long and 380mm (15″) diameter, and be of a knotless material. Except in matches all fish must be handled carefully and returned to the water immediately. Damage to fish through rough handling can spread disease.
- Surplus bait shall not be disposed of in Association waters. Boilies can only be used on the Upper and Lower pounds of the Sankey canal, Monastery Dam and Sutton Mill Dam and on NO other Association waters. (No peg prebaiting).
Fly fishing is allowed on association rivers only. Not on association still waters.
- No Bloodworm, Jokers, Tigernuts, any other nuts or trout pellets to be used on any Association water.
- No rods or poles to be left baited and unattended. Landing nets must be used on all Association waters. Members must not block footpaths or access points for any reason whatsoever.
- Changes of rules at an A.G.M. shall be operative from the start of the next season.
- NO Bivvies (or Bed Chairs) to be used on any Association waters. (Except for those who have purchased a night fishing permit). No curtain-sided umbrellas to be used.
- NO alcohol, illegal substances, tins, cans or glass bottles are allowed on any Association water.
- The abuse of Association bailiffs will not be tolerated and the offenders will be expelled. (a) Junior members must be accompanied by a senior member on all Association waters (except the Upper and Lower pounds) and must fish on the adjacent peg or double pegs provided.
- The use of radios whilst fishing is prohibited. 16a. Members must not transfer or lend their permits or keys to anyone, and must LOCK our gates when entering or leaving lock up waters.
- All members to park their vehicles in the car park.
- Motorcycles not to be taken along the towpath.
- Fishing on the canals to be strictly from the tow path only. No fishing from the opposite banking.
Members must fish from the pegs provided and not fish in between pegs off the ordinary banking or pathways, on any association waters.
- Members must not disturb trees or vegetation, and keep to the footpaths while in Linear Park 20a. The statutory close season applies to our rivers. No coarse fishing between March 15 and June 15, both dates inclusive.
- A Development Fund has been established and donations will be thankfully received.
- If, when writing to the Secretary, a reply is needed, please enclose a S.A.E.
Any members fishing Association waters do so at their own risk.