Directions Please

Messages from our Water Bailiffs
woodsy

Directions Please

Post by woodsy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:47 pm

Hello fellow Anglers.
I'm new to Newton Anglers having bought my permit from Harry's tackle on Friday. Today I tried to find a few of your waters and failed. So a bit of help would be great. Below are the ones I tried to find and didn't. And are they accessible by car ?
1 Yew Tree
2 Cow Hey
3 Lagoon

Any help appreciated Thanks

Kevin :oops:

MerlinL14

Re: Directions Please

Post by MerlinL14 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:09 pm

Cowhey and Lagoon are both in the same complex. Head up the East Lancs towards Manc from the M6 exit, at the first roundabout go right round back towards Haydock. As you get close to the junction of M6, Newton etc you need to note the big green road sign on your left, immediately after a Brown sign. Indicate well in advance and turn down the lane that is there just before the Green Sign.
Yewtree is a little more complicated. East Lancs towards StHelens from M6 junction, second left exit, (Hotel Ibis and Lymewood Farm Carvery). Down to roundabout,first exit left to next roundabout, 3rd exit on to Millfield Lane then immediate left on to Kilbuck lane, at the bend in the road keep left and go through the gate house, you may be asked to stop and say where you are going as this is an industrial site. Have your permit to hand as you may be asked to produce it to security. Straight down that road to the sharp left turn, first right after the turn will bring you into the car parking area. Big steel gate with padlock and chain is entrance to Yewtree Res.
Attachments
Yewtree.jpg
Yewtree.jpg (360.38 KiB) Viewed 5226 times
cowhey.jpg
cowhey.jpg (122.53 KiB) Viewed 5226 times
cowhey2.jpg
cowhey2.jpg (352.74 KiB) Viewed 5226 times
A bad day's fishing is still 100% better than a good day at work.

woodsy

Post by woodsy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:31 pm

WOW

Thanks for a speedy response..........And with pics....even I cant go wrong now. Hope to see you on the bank

Kevin

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:47 pm

Will do. Tight lines.
A bad day's fishing is still 100% better than a good day at work.