Oops

Tell us about your latest fishing trip
Evo66

Oops

Post by Evo66 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:51 pm

Mixed day today, bought some new floats after that downhill.
On Oak pool at white door, cast out with my new rod -my sons old one. A bit too much weight caught a branch couldn’t get it out pull all ways, then I thought pull the line by hand save breaking the rod. Yes you guessed top snapped off :roll: and float left hanging.
Tackle up again and nothing, the odd bite but too slow as usual :lol:
Then I cast out and wrap round the hanging float :lol: this time we pull some line off and cut it , move the rod and Tom pulls it out the tree and both floats return, however ones broken.
Tackle up again.....getting good at that!! but very little action.
My sons grass carp come back to say hello we’ve never seen one before and he catches 2in 2 visits.
With an hour to go before home time I got a nice skimmer, we both tried to get the winning fish in our own little match, but no joy.
So a mixed bag and a trip to Terry’s Tackle for a repair job.
Last edited by Evo66 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

MerlinL14

Re: Oops

Post by MerlinL14 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:55 pm

At least you didn't blank. Them trees are just waiting for an unsuspecting angler to get too close and.....
A bad day's fishing is still 100% better than a good day at work.

derekl

Re: Oops

Post by derekl » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:37 am

DSCN0925.web.JPG
Test image.
DSCN0925.web.JPG (223.19 KiB) Viewed 4268 times
This is just a test post to see if there is a problem posting photos. As you can see, it works.
The procedure I followed was:
1. Click on the attachments tab below the editor window.
2. Click on the 'Add files' button and select a photo (if your photo file is too big you will get a message to say so.(more than about 2 megabytes i think. I will check the forum settings). I resized this picture to 1024 pixels wide, which is ideal for uploading.
3. Once the picture uploads you will see a panel with the filename, a space for a comment and the file size (223.19 KiB in this case).
4. Next to the filename, there is a 'Place inline' button. Click the button and the picture will be inserted into the post wherever the cursor is in the editor window.

Submit the post and you are all done.